Wednesday, February 24, 2010

American Idolatry from the Idle Americans

I know it's Wordless Wednesday, but in case you haven't noticed, I'm an American Idol fan and I can't let Wednesday pass without a comment or two on the week's show.


First thing's first, does anyone else agree with my husband that Ellen looks strikingly like Calvin?  


It's true, right?  


Secondly, Why does Simon always say that a performance is 
"self-indulgent"?  Aren't all artists self-indulgent?  Isn't the point of
creativity, whether it's music, art, or literature, to produce something that speaks to you, in the hopes it will speak to others too?  In the words of  Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."


Thirdly, the judges told Crystal Bowersox that they wanted "more."  Ummm, guys....she sang, played guitar, and blew on a friggin harmonica!  How much more do you want??  She did it all beautifully too, in my opinion.  Charles Barkley would say, "Crystal Bowersox - she rocks, she rocks!"


Here's my favs so far for the girls:
Didi Benami 
Crystal Bowersox
Lilly Scott
Katelyn Epperly
Michelle Delamor


I couldn't find any videos of their performances last night yet.  Maybe after the results show they'll be up.


Happy Humpday!

3 comments:

  1. She definitely could pass as his sister! LOL I'm a HUGE Idol fan too....never miss a season! Still have a while to go, but so far...I like Paige Miles the best. Although I did miss a couple of them singing last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! ellen and calvin, seperated at birth!

    I don't get American Idol :( it only screens on pay TV here, which we don't have because the Man won't let me pay $40 a month just to watch AI and the Tyra Banks Show. We have Australian Idol, but that jumped the shark years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you had me after the the "Ellen looks like Calvin" comment!!! Hilarious! Tell your husband I never thought of it before, but he's DEAD ON right!! Thanks for the laugh!

    Hi! I'm new to your blog and I'm so glad I stopped by! Your site is fun! I'm your newest follower! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than wine. And that's a LOT of love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails