Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Idunno

     I dunno what those contestants are thinking, I dunno what the judges are hearing, and I dunno how to juggle blogging with all the other crap I have to do!  That last one has nothing to do with Idol, I know, but I had to throw it in because it's true, but that's another post.
     
     I do know Crystal and Big Mike never disappoint and it's likely Paige is going home.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.
    
     Paige.  Wow.  Not sure what happened there, but it was so bad that Ellen felt inclined to compliment her on her looks and then defer to Kara for the vocal critique.
     
     Several of the contestants came out of their shells tonight and tried to do something different, which I thought was brave and kind of ok, but for the most part the judges didn't.  Lee and Tim actually performed.  Lee sounded good to me, although it was a little old-fashioned, and Tim was campy, and the vocal was just ok, but hey, he was having fun.  The judges weren't.  The good news for all of the contestants was that after Paige's performance, the rest of them had lots of room to screw up and still stay in the competition.
     
     The two sprouts are starting to impress me.  Aaron's version of Aerosmith's I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing was watered down, but a darn good vocal for him and Katie finally looked her age and did a nice job with Big Girls Don't Cry.
     
     Crystal just rocked. I love that she is getting more comfortable with the spotlight and finally letting her wall dow.  She seems to realize America likes her so far so maybe if she lets us in she's not going to get hurt.  I think it's fear hiding behind the arrogance.  Anyhoo, she was my favorite vocal of the night.
     
     Big Mike was another winner.  The judges thought he was just ok, but all I know is every girl listening to him sing When a Man Loves a Woman was a puddle on the floor by the time he was done.  What a doll he is!
    
     I like Andy and I like his sound, but he needs to get his groove back.  Casey had his groove and his sound, but that boy needs to move around some more when he sings (says the girl from the couch).
    
     Didi was trying out a little something different and got slammed for it by the judges, but I liked it.  A girl's gotta let her hair down and get adventurous sometimes and I say go Didi!  I thought she looked and sounded great.  Shioban got adventurous too, but more in the hair department then anything else.  As always, she did hit those notes though.
     
     Miley Cyrus was the vocal coach this week and say what you will about her, but that girl has her head on straight.  She was mature and down-to-earth and actually gave some good professional advice.
     
     So its 6 PM my time which means tonights show has already started out on the East coast.  We'll see if Paige goes home or if America saved her.  As for me, I need to go help my brother make crepes.  Yumm!
 

4 comments:

  1. I have to laugh at the surprise on Tim's face everytime he is safe. He is just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Maybe he has a fan following him for the cuteness factor because I think he should have been gone a long time ago. Wait and see. Love, love, love Crystal. She could be recording already. She is good. Like Didi even though I don't think the judges do. I think Ryan has a crush on her. Big Mike is awesome too. Shioban is good but the screaming has to stop. I get it already. Now do something else. :-)
    Crepes? What kind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were going to be dessert crepes. They've been postponed to tonight because my bro got on the computer and saw all the different types of crepes and blitzes to make and decided to make savory instead of sweet ones. So tonight hes going to try stuffing them with ricotta cheese and meat, manicotti style. Yummm! I've never made crepes before, so looking forward to learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. just watched that video of paige and it was TRULY painful to listen to! poor girl :(

    who am i kidding, i love when they do awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what happened with poor Paige either, but she has "consistantly" bombed since Hollywood week. I hated to see her go, but I think it was time.

    LOVED Crystal and Big Mike as usual! And I agree about Aaron and Katie....they can SANG!! LOL I think they will be in the top for quite a while and possibly even win if they keep doing their thing.

    I don't care for Didi, and although she spiced it up a bit this week, it didn't do much for me. Lee was good as usual...although a bit boring. He and Casey definitely have to step up their stage presence.

    Siobhan's hair was AWESOME, and she sang well, but I agree....the screaming has to stop. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than wine. And that's a LOT of love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails