Thursday, April 29, 2010

American Idol Highlights

     If you watched American Idol this week, you already know that Siobhan got the boot.  It's funny cause she actually sounded pretty good this week, but then, everybody did really well so it was a tough call. Shania Twain was the mentor and as Ellen put it, they were all aboard the Shania Twain.  Since I'm late with my post (again) I'll just do a quick re-cap.
     Lee put his own sound on You're Still the One and was pretty good, but not his best, for me.  Crystal, for a change, wasn't the judges favorite.  I liked her rendition of No One Needs To Know - it was whimsical and it looked like she was having fun, but the judges thought it was just ok.
     I have to say that Aaron's performance was the best I've heard from him.  He sang You've Got a Way with such feeling that I had to wonder how in the heck a just 17-year-old could muster up that kind of emotion and connection to the song. The judges wondered it too and his answer made me love the performance even more. He was thinking of his mom!   *sniffle*  Actually, that was quite strategic of him because not only did he probably get the teeny bopper votes since Tim is gone, but he also got all the mom's votes too.
     The two best performances, at least for me, were Casey and Mike. Here's sexy Casey:



And here's Big Mike:



     They were both so heartfelt don't you just want to hug them?  And maybe give Casey a big kiss...or two?
     The competition is getting tougher as the contestants get whittled down.  Next week will be a challenge as it's Sinatra week with Harry Connick Jr as the mentor. Tune in here for the highlights - same bat time, same bat blog. 

     Happy Friday all!

3 comments:

  1. Did someone say kiss Casey?! How about 3 or 4 or 5? lmao He did such an awesome job this week....I loved him singing a ballad for a change....and anything with him playing the guitar is great.

    LOVE Big Mike too....he is always good! I agree that it's getting down to the nitty gritty now....everyone that's left is good, so it's gonna start getting sad when we see them leave.

    I honestly love everyone that's left. Was sad to see Siobhan leave, but I chose her out of all of them to go. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to stop singing "No One Needs to Know" all week!! I think I agree with Tree, Siobhan definitely had the weakest performance, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think if casey played some harder rock, then i would totally want to have his babies. i don't dig the slow, emotional songs. i want to see some grit!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than wine. And that's a LOT of love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails