Wednesday, April 7, 2010

American Idol Talk

     Last night's show was amazing. The theme was Paul McCartney and John Lennon songs.
    
     Hubby and I were like Paula and Simon in our opinions of performances. The one thing we did agree on was that Casey James was hot, hot, hot!  Well, hubby didn't exactly say that but he did say something like, "Yeah, he was good."  Judge for yourself girls:



     Makes you want to throw your knickers at the stage, doesn't it?  Don't do it though, cause they'll just bounce off your computer screen and clutter up your desk.  I'm going out of order here, but I had to start with Casey because his heartfelt performance was the best of the night. 

     Aaron actually performed first and although it wasn't bad, I think it was the weakest of the night.  Katie did a beautiful job with Let It Be.  She gave it a little R and B feel and her vocals were awesome.

     Andrew sang Can't Buy Me Love and for me it was sort of a nostalgic feel.  I think he should have made it more comtemporary, but the vocals were pretty good.  He had a strange look going on.  Kind of like if Buddy Holly and Richie Valens had a baby.

     Big Mike delivered as always, singing Eleanor Rigby.  I thought he overdid it a little, but that's the thing you gotta love about Mike - if he's feeling it, you know it.  His voice was fabulous.

     Crystal  was wonderful as usual.
(Pssst, Crystal honey....two words - teeth whitener.  When hubby makes cracks like, "Old Yeller is back," it's time to break out the Crest strips again) 

     Tim Urban can count on the teenie bopper vote, because, let's face it, that age group are expert texters. The judges thought is performance was good, but for me is was just, "Eh." He just isn't as talented as the rest of the group IMHO.

     Siobhan sang Across the Universe.  She sang without her signature scream, and it was simple and slow, but a bit nasaly for me. Hubby however, thought it was beautiful.

     Lee is sounding more and more confident and although the bagpipes were a strange kind of twist, I really liked his performance of Hey Jude.  Check it out:


    



Hubby didn't care for it.  I slurred at him and mumbled incoherently like Paula did to Simon.

     As far as who's going home, I think it's between Aaron and Tim, but we'll see in a few hours.  I have to go help brother make Turkey empanadas now.  I'll let you know how they come out!  Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. casey jones is definitely a sexxay man. but he has a sliiiightly southern twang to his voice that i don't love. but i can get over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO....Casey is HOT! But, I'm still slightly shocked over tonights results (mouth wide open), but thank goodness they saved them! WHEW! I won't blow it for anyone that hasn't see the results yet. LOL

    I still love Aaron although he wasn't as good as usual. LOVE Katie more every week. lmao about Crystal...very true, but that girl can "sang!" I love your description of Andrew, and I think you hit it right on the nose. hehe

    Tim, I like, and he was much better last night, but will definitely get the teeny bopper vote. Lee is still great, and is coming out of his shell more each week. I have to agree though...the bagpipe guy was a bit weird. LOL

    Siobhan was more laid back, but I actually liked it. I was kinda getting tired of hearing her scream at the end of every song. And Big Mike...what can I say. I just love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anybody else see comments from a talking Tree, or is it just me... again? It's happened a few times before ...back in the '80s, but I figured it was just the mushrooms.

    I'm gonna make like a Tree and LEAVE a comment! Bwah ha ha! Uh oh - I think the 'shrooms are kicking in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. **Throws knickers at computer screen**

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than wine. And that's a LOT of love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails