Thursday, February 3, 2011

Idol Chatter

If you've read my blog since last year, you'll know I'm an American Idol fan.  We watch it from the auditions all the way to the season finale.  Last year I wrote a recap of most of the episodes, when it got down to the final 20, but I'm not doing that this year.

Frankly, it's just too much pressure, plus, I've realized something.

I've realized that the best part of American Idol are the conversations between all of us at-home-on-the couch judges that are wayyy more entertaining then the show.  So I thought I'd share a little of that with you.

You all can be like flies on the wall of my family room, listening in to all the unedited comments, both snarky and poignant.  Ok, mostly snarky.  But hey, if the contestants agreed to be on T.V., then they agreed to be victims of snark attacks.  It just goes with the territory.  Having your 30 seconds of fame comes at a price.

What follows are real conversations as we watched the AI contestants.  Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Most of the cast is self-explanatory, except "The Girl," that's my 17 (and 8 months) year old daughter.

The Girl - "He looks like a squash."
My brother - "No, he looks like a pumpkin."
Me - "Well, a pumpkin is a squash."
Hubby - "And her new boyfriend looks like an asparagus.  Maybe she was raised on a farm."

Hubby - "You can tell they're going to suck just from their shirt."

The Girl - "That one looks like he's poopin.
(She yells at the T.V. screen) Open your eyes, tomatoe head!"

I don't know what's up with the vegetable theme.

Me - "Steven Tyler said she had a tight squeeky WHAT?"

The Girl - "She sounds like a bumble bee."

The Girl - "Wow, they've had 700 foster kids?  That's alot of lives to change."

Hubby - "Her butt is like her voice.  Not horrible, but somewhat off-putting."

Hubby - "He's a cross between Seth Rogen and Sasquatch.  He's Sethsquatch!"

See what I mean?

7 comments:

  1. "Somewhat off-putting." Hilarious! We are the same way in this house with our peanut gallery comments.

    I am disappointed in two things this year, though: They've lowered the age to 15. 15! I HATE the young ones.They're too immature for Idol. And there's always at least one of them who makes it into the top ten and even though they might not be as good as the others, they keep getting voted in because of all the 12 year old girls in the country who have nothing to do but sit there and vote and vote and vote. Okay, so maybe I'm a little too passionate over my Idol.

    And the other thing is, Simon's gone. Not that I don't love me some Steven Tyler. But Simon was not afraid to say no. These guys are letting everyone through! People Simon would have never sneak by.

    Oh and one more thing, my favorite Idol--David Cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joann about the judges being a bit soft this time around without Simon to set it straight! And I have so much chatter and laughter going on in our house about the contestants, I can't usually hear what the judges are saying or the contestant is singing! We end up rewinding a hundred times and cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally knew who was being talked about for SOOOOOOOOO many of those! LOVED IT!!! I have the latest episode still sitting on the DVR waiting.

    As for the judges I'm kinda liking the new crew. If I had to sit through one more season of watching Simon rub his nipples I might have lost my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever seen Mystery Science Theater 3000? It is when a guy and two robots make snarky comments about old bad movies. (Sounds weird, I know but so so funny.) You guys need to do this for American Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly like my house!!

    I support this behavior

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah ha... the AI convos are definitely classic here too! I agree with Joann.. they are a tad softer this year, but I think they fit really well. Love Simon and do miss him, but not as much as I thought I would. LOL I like that the younger ones were able to get in this year. I think alot of them have some awesome talent!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than wine. And that's a LOT of love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails