Friday, May 10, 2013

To my Hubby on our Anniversary

This post is dedicated to my husband. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary.




Honey, I didn't fall in love with you because you were handsome (although you were, and still are).




I didn't fall in love with you because you were in a rock band in the 80's.


That good looking guy seated in the center is my hubby

I didn't fall in love with you because you were a pilot.



I fell in love with you because you see me for who I am, with all my faults, and all my good parts. And you love me, not despite them all, but because of them all. You've never tried to change me, even when sometimes, I wish I could change myself.

I fell in love with you because you accepted and loved my brood...



...And my village.



And they loved and accepted you immediately.

I fell in love with you because I admire your faith in God. No one taught it to you, you just feel it.

I fell in love with you because you ponder things. You have ideas and perspectives that I find fascinating. You enlighten me.

I fell in love with you because you make me laugh and I love laughing with you.

I fell in love with you because you're not afraid of introspection.

I fell in love with you because you tell great stories. And I know our kids have given you some doozies to tell.

I fell in love with you because you don't care about money.

I fell in love with you because your favorite movie is Anne of Green Gables and the scene where Matthew gives Anne the dress makes you teary-eyed.

I fell in love with you because you're chivalrous, giving, and loving, with a rocker spirit, and a cowboy heart.

I'm still in love you and looking forward to growing old with you...

in our RV.

(Which is another reason I love you - even though I know you're not crazy about it, you're willing to move into an RV and travel around the country with me someday.)

Happy 10th Anniversary, my Honabaloo!

My tribute to you:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute! Happy Anniversary!

Fred J said...

My Frookamogwa - I fell in love with you cuz o' the big boobs and nice butt... and some other stuffs. It's prolly the other stuffs you wanna hear about I bet. Well hell's bells... alright then, hold on to your potatoes...

I wasn't kidding about that first junk - that's just how men are: first we see the chrome and the paint job, then we rev the engine and crank the tunes, and eventually we consider the gas mileage and safety features. It's just how we're wired.

That's how it is with our love as well, and I'm just an ordinary, average guy. What started as admiration for chrome and glittery flames, became adoration for 350 cu. in. of power and a buttload of preset country stations, and finally turned into devotion to your excellent highway mileage and 5-point harnesses & roll cage.

Whazzat? Translate? Seriously?? DOH! This is starting to feel like a chore... Jeez, oh alright...

I love you because you know how much of what I like to put in what I don't like to make me like it.

I love you because, even though you take care of everything else, you absolutely refuse to put a toilet paper roll on the spindle.

I love your laugh - it's my favorite sound in the world and I'll do anything to trigger it. Anything.

I love you because you're neither a neat-freak nor a slob, but something wonderful in between (a nob-frob). You start projects you know you'll never finish - a hobby we can share! You're an excellent cook (which is why your hubby is tubby). You dance as badly as I do. You say 'giggidy' when you should. You take twice many showers as me, and hardly use any milk (more for me!). Heck, I could do this all day.

So let's just get down to it, shall we? I love you, and ten years in I'm more in love with you than any anniversary before, because you're my hero. You're the best human being, the bravest person, and the most wonderful woman I know. You're everything to me, you are beautiful and you're a doofus. You're my beautiful doofus. My beaufus. But most of all... you are my Frookamogwa.

And if you ever leave me you totally suck.

The End

Unknown said...

This too made me laugh and even a little teary eyed because its just too damn cute. Love you both and cheers to your 10yr anniversary!