Thursday, August 21, 2014

Friday Frags of Bad Piggies and Hubbys

I'm-a soooo glad it's Friday!

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Frag #1
It's cracking me up, all the blog and facebook posts that basically say:
"Hallelujah and break out the wine, the kids are freakin' finally back in school!" 
One blogger (The Shitastrophy) said all the photos of smiling kids with their new school clothes and backpacks on are cute and all, but what she really wanted to see was the pictures of the exhausted, haggard, happy moms who finally get a little peace during the day. Here's what that would look like:


That about sums it up, yes?

Frag #2
I'm happy to say that my hubby could never get away with cheating on me. Nevermind that he would never do that because I'm...well, fabulous, like this guy:


But more importantly, he just plain couldn't cover his tracks. No way in hell. He sends texts meant for my sister, to me; instant messages meant for workmates to me; and butt dials me while doing things like screaming along to Judas Priest in his car.

The latest self-incriminating blunder is that his phone will arbitrarily decide it needs to make an emergency SOS text to me. This text includes a photo of hubby, a link to his location, and a message that says "SOS! I need help!" Seriously, it does.

So like I'll text hubby at work and ask if he's coming home on time. He'll text back that yeah, he's finishing up some work and he'll be out of there in a few minutes. 

An hour later I'll get the SOS message and picture. And what does the picture show him doing? 

Playing Bad Piggies on his phone! 

BUSTED!!


Ok, it didn't actually show the Bad Piggies, but it does show his game face, looking down at his phone, brows furrowed in concentration, and tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth. I know his Bad Piggie playing face when I see it.

Come to find out, it's an Android thing. If you press the on/off button twice (quickly), the phone sends this SOS message to someone in your contact list. Not sure how it decides which contact. God knows who else he's sending these to as he's wildly pressing away at his phone, flinging those damn piggies. Anyway the point is, if he's cheating, I'll eventually get a picture of him in action and his location so I can go over and kick his Bad Piggie Arse.

Good to know.

Frag #3
Last Friday night after work while I was in the wine aisle of the grocery store, picking up my big-ass regular size bottle of Friday night wine, I actually said, "Come to Mama," to myself. 

Too much sharing?

Frag #4
Here's a comic I made a while back:



I totally feel like an annoying little hyper kid right now, bouncing all over the place.

Frag #5
You know those cute outfits you see on Pinterest like this:
Do you know how they put these together? Polyvore.com! It's like a virtual closet with an unlimited budget. They have an app for iphone and Android so you can put together outfits on your phone or tablet. You can get all artsy with backgrounds and faces and effects. It's another fun creative outlet I've been dabbling in lately. They have home decor stuff too, so you can put together rooms. Here's a couple more designs:


Cute right? And it's free!
(Note: These aren't my designs. Mine are much more amateurish)

Frag #6
I finally wrote my Sisters Camping Trip post about the Zion trip I took with my sister last year. Last year. I know. I'm such a loser. But you might find the Pee Can stories funny.

Ok, I'm done bouncing around now. If you haven't done a Friday Fragments post ever, write you one and bounce on over to Half Past Kissin' Time and link up!

Fabulously yours,
Lori

P.S. Thanks to AiringMyDirtyLaundry.com where I was introduced to the hilariousness of animated GIFs. She wrote this super funny post where she used GIFs that made it even super funnier. I had to try it out.

7 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I'm tempted to try the SOS thing with my android phone!

I totally get why parents get so excited about school starting.

I have some of those Polyvore outfits pinned. If only i could shop well enough to buy one of the outfits for a reasonable price.

Thanks for linking up! Have a great weekend.

retired not tired said...

Now I know why I didn't get into texting. I can't get into trouble.

Bill Lisleman said...

great cartoon. You are right about not doing the FF think in a long time. When I got to the cartoon, I thought, oh yeah, I remember this blogger.
I like gifs too. Sometimes they are better than youtube clips.

Unknown said...

Fun fragments! So I am still laughing at the bad piggy piece. I wonder if I have sent any SOS texts... lol
Have a great weekend!

Stacy said...

Totally lol-ing at your mom face. That will be me by the end of next week, but it will be me because I'm the school bus driver! You totally killed me with the tale of your husband's butt dialing....my hubby used to have a phone that did that all the time. That app is totally going to get me in trouble! GIFs are the best. I use them for other memes but didn't have time to hunt them up today. Have an awesome weekend!

AiringMyLaundry said...

GIFs just make everything better. I love yours! I should make a GIF of me doing a happy dance when the kids go to school.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love your comic... sadly, that is so me right now. :0( Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself. I was one of those moms who was so ready for the kiddos to go back to school. Only, I wish school was an all day thing like 8 hours or maybe 12... one can wish....
I laughed out loud at the stuff about your hubby and Angry Piggy (or whatever?). That's hilarious!!!