Friday, March 4, 2016

Five Willy Nilly Friday Fragments #4

Happy Fr-i-i-DAY!

Source
Linking up with Five on Friday, Willy Nilly Friday and Friday Fragments for another end of the week round up of...things.

1. Hummingbirds

Hummingbirds on feeder at dusk taken with iphone.

I love watching the hummingbirds on our feeder when I get home from work. There's still a little light left in the day and it seems that's the time when the feeder is the busiest. They all want a last drink before the sun slips away, I suppose. I took this just with my iphone and had to enlarge the screen, so it's a bit grainy. I could watch these little guys for hours.

2. Bears

When I told my sister-in-law we are camping in bear country this year, she sent me this on Facebook. Nice. Thanks, sis.

Funny quote about camping where there's bears.

3. American Idol

Do you watch American Idol? Kelly Clarkson was a guest judge last week and performed her song Piece By Piece. Wow. It's about her father, who apparently abandoned her family when she was young. Wow. The words go straight to your heart and her performance is so real and emotional...it's just amazing.


4.  Spring

These little flowers are blooming in our yard now. We've only lived here 5 months so I didn't plant them but they're sure pretty. I googled and I think it's a Morning Glory bush, but I'm not certain. I can't wait to see what else blooms as spring comes closer.

Morning Glory bush blooming in spring with white flowers.

5. Comic

I guess it was an uneventful week because I don't have a current 5th thing today. So I'll share a comic I made a few years ago. Since it's mostly new readers visiting my blog these days you probably haven't seen it already. (Click the 4-arrow thingy in the lower right corner to make it bigger)



Have a great weekend, y'all!


No comments: