Instead of being all wordy, (which, I realize, is in direct contradiction to the "I like to write stuff" thing I just said, but that's ok because it's my blog and I can write or not write what I like. And now I realize I actually AM being wordy.) I'll just share a list of
2. I have 5 dogs. Yes, we are those people. The ones you don't want as neighbors or occupying the campsite next to yours. I didn't mean to have 5 dogs, but they just started accumulating.
3. I like to make comics and often inflict them on my readers.
4. My three kids are over 18 so I find myself in an odd phase of my life now. I'm mom, but not mommy. I'm trying to figure out what's next.
5. I like wine. And other cocktails. But these days, mostly wine.
6. My favorite movie quote is from Apollo 13. "You never know what events will transpire to get you home."
7. My words to live by are:
"Never say never"
"Don't judge another man (or woman) until you've walked in their shoes"
"Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength."
And my favorite, from my ex-mother-in-law, "Don't clean unless you really have to."
8. My dream home is a travel trailer. Yes, really. You'll find I mention that a lot. Like...really a lot. I'm kind of obsessed with it.
9. I work full-time as an administrative assistant, which we all know is just a fancy word for a girl Friday.
10. I like to laugh.
Lastly, I just have to share this quote from Carl Sagan. I don't know why, but it inspired the name for my blog back when I started it, in January of 2010. No doubt I was drinking wine at the time.
"Skeptical scrutiny is the means by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense."
He, of course, was talking about science and religion. I prefer to relate it to thoughts I have when I'm having cocktails, ridiculous things my kids think, or things my husband ponders while he's in the shower and then has to call me up and tell me.
At any rate, the gist of Carl's words are that if you ponder something long enough you can extract a deeper meaning from it. I think that's true for every moment in every day. I guess this blog is my way of sharing how I do that.