Only I can't sing. So my world's not quite right yet, but a better night's sleep and then my 20 minutes with bumble bee socks girl helped. I just can't seem to get the posts rattling around in my brain down onto paper this week. They require a humor that I can't muster up at the moment. So, I'm going to do this meme that the very funky Aussie Lori from Random Ramblings of a SAHM tagged me for. And away we go:
Where were you 5 years ago?
Right here. In this same house. Doing the same thing I'm doing now. Only not blogging about it. We had more money because that was at the top of the housing market and that's the business I'm in, but my stress level was higher. I was extremely busy playing taxi driver for the kids and keeping up with my business. Money is tighter now, and in many ways the business is more stressful, but I have more time to destress, so in the end life is better now. That's a good thing.
Where would you like to be 5 years from now?
In an RV traveling the country and blogging about it. I'm still trying to convince hubby how fun and simplistic this life could be. Guess I'm a trailer park girl at heart.
5 things on your to do list today
- Get the funk out of this funk
- Take a shower (it's noon)
- Do laundry
- Start prepping the girl's bathroom for paint
- Clean my bathroom
5 snacks you enjoy
Is this a trick question? Because there's what I enjoy and then there's what I'm settling for in the interest of dropping some weight...most days. So here's both, what I like and what I
- Parmesan flavored cheese nips and wine (chedder flavored rice cakes spread with roasted red pepper hummus...and wine)
- Chips and salsa (celery and carrot sticks and salsa)
- Doritos (there's really no substitute for these, is there?)
- Carrot cake ( I don't know...carrots dipped in low fat vanilla frosting??? I'm reaching here...)
- Popcorn (this one's guilt free as long as I eat the microwave "light butter" versions, which are actually pretty good)
What are 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire?
Whatever the hell I want! But I'd like to think I'd be generous and kind hearted and start charities that help homeless families get back on their feet or find homes for abandoned and abused animals or fund research to cure diseases that strike children like aids and childhood cancers. And maybe get a tummy tuck.
So here's the 5 people I'm tagging:
Janel from This Journey Called Life
Karen from Muffin Fixation
Susie from A Slice of My Life
Ok, so it's only 4.
Have a Funky Day!
(In a good way...like fun and different...not like "don't take a shower today" funky)